For a fun, interactive way to learn more about what we can and can't frame, you can use our searchable page and refer to our list of things we are unable to Framebridge here.
Otherwise, you name it, we can (probably) frame it! We've framed everything from matchbooks to antique maps, and have a team of skilled experts ready to handle and preserve your special items.
The vast majority of objects (3D pieces or anything with more depth than a piece of paper) will need to be float mounted on top of a mat. This costs $25 extra because float mounting takes more time/skill and materials. The weight and fragility/intricacy of the object will be the deciding factor of which kind of float mount is required (a heavier or more intricate object will need to be flat-floated on top of the mat, and something lighter or more solid can be raised-floated on a pedestal), which gives a more 3D look to the frame.
A few guidelines to keep in mind:
- We cannot frame items thicker than 1" deep
- We cannot frame items heavier than 0.5 lbs
- We currently don't offer custom framing for pieces larger than 32" x 40" (and for objects that need to be float mounted, they should be 30" x 38" or less)
- Due to shipping concerns, we don't frame glass or mirrors
- We will always reach out to you for permission beforehand, and let you know if there is an additional charge needed for the specialty technique
- We can frame multiple items together in the same frame! You can read about this process & pricing here
- If you have any specific questions, we're all ears! You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't wait to see what you're framing!