Otherwise, you name it, we can (probably) frame it! We've framed everything from matchbooks to antique maps, and have a team of skilled experts ready to handle and preserve your special items.
The vast majority of objects (3D pieces or anything with more depth than a piece of paper) will need to be float mounted on top of a mat. This costs $25 extra because float mounting takes more time/skill and materials. The weight and fragility/intricacy of the object will be the deciding factor of which kind of float mount is required (a heavier or more intricate object will need to be flat-floated on top of the mat, and something lighter or more solid can be raised-floated on a pedestal), which gives a more 3D look to the frame.
A few guidelines to keep in mind:
- We cannot frame items thicker than 1" deep
- We cannot frame items heavier than 0.5 lbs
- We currently don't offer custom framing for pieces larger than 32" x 40" (and for objects that need to be float mounted, they should be 30" x 38" or less)
- Due to shipping concerns, we don't frame glass or mirrors
- We will always reach out to you for permission beforehand, and let you know if there is an additional charge needed for the specialty technique
- We can frame multiple items together in the same frame! You can read about this process & pricing here
- If you have any specific questions, we're all ears! You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't wait to see what you're framing!